Microsoft OneDrive is available via a desktop icon. When configured properly, OneDrive will synchronize the files that you place in your OneDrive to a cloud storage location. This location is accessible from anywhere by logging into Office365 from any computer or mobile device.
Users can then share files with others by adjusting permissions in OneDrive in Office 365. OneDrive works similarly to Google Drive. OneDrive has been HIPAA and FERPA certified for use.
How can Student Affairs computer users start using OneDrive?
In order to configure OneDrive to sync with your work computer, you need to open OneDrive by clicking on the Windows button and going to All Programs – Microsoft Office – OneDrive for Business
You will see the following screen appear:
In order to get the proper URL to paste into the box, you need to log into Office365:
- Go to your web browser and open http://Office365.uconn.edu
- Click “Login to the Office365 Portal”
- Login using “email@example.com” and your NetID password
- Click on the Tile icon at the top left of the page.
This will display all of the applications available to you. Click on the OneDrive tile.
- Once you are in OneDrive, put your cursor in the browser’s website address bar. Right click on the URL in the address bar and click COPY — it should look something like this:
- Paste the URL into the box that says “Paste your library URL here”
- Click Sync Now
- You will be prompted to enter your Email Address, Click Next
- You will be prompted to enter your Password
- Enter your password and hit ‘Enter’ twice. (The sign in button will not work)
When OneDrive is configured, you will see it appear on the left when you browse your drives and folders. It appears under the Favorites list. Clicking on that folder will display everything in your OneDrive.