General Explanation of Printers
- Printers are deployed on a machine basis. However, if a user manually adds a printer to their computer it will follow them when the user logs onto a different machine.
- Printers that are displayed with “Pauline” after their queue name are manually added printers.
- Printers that are displayed without “Pauline” after their queue name are machine-based printers and added through our domain policies.
- Some departments have two printer queues that are mapped (black and white/color) to the same MFD/Copier/Printer such as: DDS-Main Office and DDS-Main Office Color.
- In this case there will only be one of the printers listed in Devices and Printers. However, If you right click on the printer icon you will notice black arrows indicating there are more than one printer queue.
Instructions to set Default Printer:
- Go to Start and click Devices and Printers
- Right click on the printer you wish to set as default
- Go to Set as default printer
- Select the printer you would like as default