A Service Account is required to send over 500 emails through the mass mail server. SAIT evaluates Service Account requests on a case-by-case basis. More than one person in a department can use these accounts.
2. Click, “Show Profiles” and “Add”
3. Name the profile, click “OK”
4. Select “Manual setup or additional server types“, Click “Next”
5. Select “POP or IMAP”, click “Next”
6. Enter the following information into the “Add Account” window shown below.
a. Your Name: (i.e Reuben Painter”)
b. Email Address: ( i.e. “email@example.com”)
c. Account Type: (IMAP)
d. Incoming mail server: “outlook.office365.com”
e. Outgoing mail server (SMTP): “massmail.uconn.edu”
f. User Name: (email address i.e. “firstname.lastname@example.org”)
g. Password: (user email password)
h. Check “Remember Password”
i. Click the “More Settings” button in the lower right when done
7. From the “More Settings” dialogue box, select the “Outgoing Server” tab. Check the box “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Choose the “Log on using” radio button. Enter the service account username and password obtained from SAIT. Click “OK”
8. Select the “Advanced” Tab.
a. Under “Server Port Numbers”, ensure that the incoming server (IMAP) is set to 993 and uses SSL as the type of encrypted connection.
b. Set the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number to 587 with TLS as the type of encrypted connection (data encrypted after sending)
c. Uncheck “Do not save copies of sent items.” Click OK.
9. In the “Add Account” window. Click “Next” to test your settings. If the test is successful, click “Close.” If the test failed, review the information entered, and if you continue to experience problems, contact SAIT at 6-8992 for assistance.